Thursday, June 14, 2012

Plyometrics rocked my world today

Ok, day 2 of P90X and I am incredibly sore. I'm very happy and pleased by this, but still let me just reiterate, I am VERY sore. Not only did I start to feel the soreness last night not even 24 hrs after my first workout, but now I am feeling the plyometrics workout I did this AM. YES!!! This is what I want. Do you know what my clue was that I was ready for a change? My last meeting with a personal trainer at the gym. I pushed to my max, and I never felt sore. I did my exercises to exhaustion but I really didn't get sore. I knew then why waste my $$ doing the same old thing and getting the same results? Yes I'm semi-fit, yes I have lost the weight I wanted to, yes the gym served its purpose of getting my engine revving for working out... but to continue it didn't make any sense at all.

I very much look forward to my 5am wake up call with Tony Horton and day 3 of P90X. I can't wait to see what is going to be sore next. Oh and I didn't wear my heart rate monitor today but I will next time I do the plyometrics DVD. I have done a lot of heart rate training over the past 2 years and I can tell by my feeling about where my heart rate is in my range. I want to see the amount of calories burned next time tho. There were times in Zumba where I'd burn close to 600 calories, based upon how I felt this morning I would not be surprised if it were close... guess that's why they give you 600 calories on your calorie intake calculations! So tomorrow is bring it day #3. And what do I plan to do??? I plan to BRING IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment