Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The day before the first day of the rest of my life...

My P90X life that is. My initial goal was to start yesterday, June 11th. I did not meet my goal. Why? Not because I procrastinated. Not because I felt lazy. Trust me, there were several times throughout the day I thought, "Can I make time to start my fit test and record my measurements, etc?" With a sick 3 year old needing a lot of tender loving care, I could not. I chose to change my goal to today, June 12th, when I knew my primary (and sole) focus of the day would be to care for my child who ended up having an ear infection. Mommy mode trumps athlete mode. Every single time. In some ways I worry this may trump too often but I know my determination, focus and dedication will not waiver. I simply will do my workouts in the AM before the kids wake up. In the event they are sick and/or up early, then I will deal with that as it comes. I will either 1. find time to squeeze it in or 2. take it as a day off and cope, deal and move on. I will never beat myself up for being a mommy first. (This last part is simply a note to myself as I'm often guilty of beating myself up unnecessarily).

So... today... I have completed my fit test, I have recorded my measurements, I have started my nutrition plan. I will take my pictures today or tomorrow when I have someone to actually take them for me. I may attempt a self-portrait so to speak but that never turns out well. Rewind to the days of recording my pregnancies and taking pics of myself in the mirror in the bathroom... rarely did that end well.

I surprised myself on push-ups in the fit test, I was able to do 15 before failure. I'd almost like to count #16 but I pretty much fell to the floor. I don't think that counts! Only 1 pull up, but again I'm not going to beat myself up on that. In HS, back in the day (way back in the day), I was always the #1 in my gym class for girl pull ups. So only doing 1 disappoints me slightly. How did I let myself go so far??

Currently I'm really happy with my actual weight so my goals are to build muscle, increase stamina and to "be in the best shape of my life." Ok. That being said... it is time to "Bring It!"

No comments:

Post a Comment