Friday, July 20, 2012

Passions

Passions. No not the old daytime soap opera that was (IMO) a horrible train wreck that one could not pull oneself away from. I'm talking about passions in our daily lives, those things which we are passionate about. You know, whatever it may be that really gets you to feel something. Those passions. I've read you should always do something you are passionate about to reach true happiness. Am I passionate about my full-time job? Nope. You know the one that takes up at least 40 hours of my week. I have a bit of an advantage, the one thing that really keeps me hanging on is that I work from home 100% of the time. Many people hear that and think - oh she has it easy. Not so. It comes with challenges just like any other full-time job. Many people also believe oh - she can keep her kids at home. Again, not so. Not only is it impossible to do my job with two small children, it also isn't allowed. I signed a contract that there would be full-time daycare or a caregiver for my children in which my interaction would not be required.

So, I don't have any commute time, I don't have to shower if I don't want to. I do because I exercise every morning before work, and even if I didn't exercise before work I cannot feel awake and alert without showering. I can wear what I want. Ok, I'll give you that one. I can wear what I want, I can sit in sweats every day of my life if I want. Again I don't because I do like to feel somewhat professional. I don't wear shoes though. I digress. My challenges revolve around not working 24/7. I never work when my children are around. Never. Ok, there was that one time when Jack was home sick that I worked when he was napping... but otherwise if they are awake and want to be with me, I do not work. It can wait. But after they go to bed or before they wake up, yep, I work. My house is far messier than it ever was when I worked in an office because I don't feel pressured to get it done. I feel like I have all the time in the world to clean... and yet I never get to it. Besides the lack of social interaction (which I make up for with FB friends, Twitter and other social media/websites like Swagbucks.com), and being totally and completely bored by the actual job itself, its an easy way to earn a nice paycheck. All that being said...

I want to be passionate about what I do. Rather I want to do something I am passionate about. I mean truly, really passionate. So, you may ask, what am I passionate about?!!? Those who know me already know that answer! Setting family aside... I am passionate about fitness, health, music (singing if only I had a voice), and teaching. I absolutely LOVE to teach others anything and everything. What could I do to combine all of these things?? Ok, I may have to leave music out since I can't actually sing. But what would combine teaching, fitness, and health?? Personal training... coaching... motivating... I love people, and I love helping people. I also believe along with physical fitness, you always have to work on being emotionally fit. I'm on the search now to find that thing... I will find it and one day, I'll do it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment