Thursday, April 26, 2012

Second consecutive day even thinking about blogging! Whoo-hoo!

So... this morning I was reminded of what a joy it is to have two small children. I work full-time and they do go to daycare during the day. I struggle daily with this decision but ultimately I know it is my choice and I have to be ok with it. I am most definitely ok with my decision. I am also not mentioning this because I feel my decision is better than any other mother's decisions. I am not into the whole working outside the home as a mother debate. I respect the challenges and differences in all mother's lives, and believe we are all bonded by the fact that we are all first and foremost... Mothers. I digress.

While the 7 month old baby was still sleeping away... my oldest, the 3 year old boy, asked me to tickle him upon waking. I did so with pleasure and I relished in his laughter... over and over again. I was 30 minutes late to work, but I don't mind and luckily my work is very flexible. The time with my children is absolutely priceless and precious and I truly enjoy every moment. When it was his turn to "tickle mommy," even tho I eyed the clock briefly, I obeyed and laid down on the floor and he tickled me... and laughed harder than he did when I tickled him. If only everyday could begin with such childhood laughter!!

No comments:

Post a Comment