Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Motivated!

Once upon a time, I was fit and toned, healthy and active. Well, maybe not 100% healthy. I worked out hard 5 days a week, but I smoked and I drank on the weekends and partied. Anyway, in 2008, I quit smoking and gained the infamous 15 lbs. Then, a few months later I was pregnant with our first child. During this pregnancy I probably gained 40 lbs. This was not due to logging out I had excessive water weight. And nobody knows what that is like unless you experience it. It still adds pounds. It still changes your body shape. You still have to lose the weight. I had to have an emergency c-section after about 32 hrs of labor. I was devastated. I knew I had just destroyed my body, after years of hard work, dedication and discipline, my mid section had been torn apart. Top that with the fact that we knew we wanted one more child. I made it to late 2010 without trying to lose weight. I took off probably 30 lbs of what I had gained. I got pregnant again with baby #2. I exercised daily and ended up having another c-section. Thank goodness because baby girl was a whopping 9 lbs 4 oz. How a 5'1" small girl produces such large babies is beyond me. I digress. My point is this... Jan 2012 I made the decision to be disciplined about exercise again and see where it went. From Jan to date (4/11/12) I have lost 27 lbs! What did I do? What's my secret? Eat healthy and MOVE. I do Zumba 2x a week, and a cardio/weight training class 2x a week. That's it. My goal is to lose a total of 30. What's my point? Same old same old....if I can do it anybody can do it. All it takes is discipline and determination. Eat right. Don't put junk in your body. Exercise. I literally have no jeans that will stay above my hips. I am proud of myself for embracing an active lifestyle for myself and my children. This is my example for them. Do it for yourself. Be happy in your skin no matter what. I was happy with my previous body but it was not healthy. I will keep them active and they will see me active. Now is my chance and I choose to move. "I like to move it move it..."

No comments:

Post a Comment